CITY OF LAKEWOOD
NOTICE OF CIVIL SERVICE POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
The City of Lakewood is seeking a Budget Manager for our Finance Department. Full time hours may include occasional attendance at City Council meetings. This position is responsible for the performance of highly complex accounting and budgeting functions to generate and adjust budget documents, monitoring the expenditures of funds to ensure that budgeted limits are not exceeded, reviewing budget adjustments, analyzing expenditures and costs, identifying and communicating trends and issues, forecasting future revenues and expenditures, and preparing budget reports and documentation. This position is also responsible for accounts payable functions, overseeing the daily operations of and serving as the point person for the department, and serving as the back-up for other Finance Department functions.
Essential Functions include:
Prepares financial statements, journal entries, statistical and miscellaneous data and drafts related correspondence; explaining information and providing feedback. Prepares financial documentation for various projects and at the Director’s request; develops spreadsheets and prepares graphs for presentations. Processes accounts payable information, including: processing purchase orders, invoices and bills; computes bill amounts; enters information into computer system; clears and/or distributes checks; processes insufficient funds checks; and balances vendor statements. Collects, prepares, verifies, balances, collects and records daily deposits. Develops, maintains, and analyzes budgets, and prepares periodic reports comparing budgeted costs to actual costs. Coordinates functions related to budget development and maintenance, including: preparing budgetary reports; develops budget worksheets; compiles submitted information to develop Tax Budget and the Budget Book. Serves as a liaison and/or member of various committees/teams and collaborates, persuades, presents reports to and negotiates with others outside own work area to coordinate efforts and maintain cooperative and efficient relations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field; and,
- Three years of progressively responsible related experience; Master’s degree is desirable or,
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – (desirable)
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check, drug test and Civil Service examination.
Must have knowledge of:
- Economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Applicable state, federal and local ordinances, codes, laws, rules and regulations and legislative issues.
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting and implementation.
- Administration of staff and activities, either directly or through subordinate supervision.
- Accounting principles, policies and processes as related to governmental accounting standards and operations.
- City government organization and operations.
- All computer applications and hardware related to performance of the essential functions of the job including MicroSoft Office, SharePoint and SunGard.
Qualified, interested applicants should submit a resume and complete an application on line at www.onelakewood.com.
Application deadline is Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:00pm. Posted on 6-26-2018
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.