Animal Lost and Found
These are animals that have been found and brought to the Lakewood Animal Shelter. If any of these animals belong to you or anyone you know please call (216) 529-5020.
1299 Metropark Drive
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
Pit Bull Dog Registration Process:
In 2008, Lakewood City Council passed legislation banning pit bulls or canary dogs in the City of Lakewood.
Lakewood residents who currently own pit bulls/canary dogs are grandfathered into the law but must register their dogs with the Lakewood Animal Control Office.
To register a dog, owners must:
- Fill out a registration form including the $50 registration fee.
- Provide a current photograph of their dog.
- Provide a copy of the liability insurance policy of not less than $100,000.
- Provide proof that their dog has been micro-chipped.
- Proof that their dog has been spayed or neutered.
Other terms, conditions and restrictions apply to the handling of dangerous animal in Lakewood. View full copy of the law »
Lakewood dog owners who are unsure as to whether they need to register their dogs can contact the Lakewood Animal Shelter at (216) 529-5020 for assistance.
The Citizens Committee for a Lakewood Animal Shelter (CCLAS) supports the Lakewood Animal Shelter through fundraising and providing volunteers to help the wardens care for the impounded animals. Click here for more information about CCLAS.
Lakewood Animal Shelter/CCLAS Volunteers must have a police background check performed prior to working at the Shelter. Complete the attached application package and submit to Lakewood Animal Shelter, Lakewood Police Dept, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107.
Animal Control will pick up any raccoon, opossum or skunk a resident traps. Prior to setting a trap, please contact Animal Control at 529-5020.
- Trapped wildlife is disposed of per Ohio Division of Wildlife
- Outdoor nuisance trapping ceases when the temperature is below 35 degrees.