Administrative Assistant I
Administrative Assistant I
Division of Housing and Building
The City of Lakewood is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant in the Division of Housing and Building. The successful incumbent will perform highly complex administrative functions in support of the Building Department and Building Commissioner. Must be able to multi-task in a high traffic, high volume office environment. Will utilize principals of continuous process improvement to improve departmental efficiencies and manage office workflow. Must have knowledge of Web QA and Citizen Serve or similar case management software or be able to learn programs quickly. Will oversee projects and special assignments. Must be able to interact with residents and contractors in a professional manner and handle inquiries. Will complete department fiscal functions including assisting with preparation and tracking of the budget. Must be able to address complaints and resolve problems. Administrative duties include formatting and typing letters, memos, charts, labels, reports or other on a computer and proofs correspondence and related documents of staff; types contracts, legal documents, grant applications, requests for proposal or other documents containing complex terminology; composes correspondence in accordance with standard policies; answers various inquiries; processes routine and non-routine matters independently; tracks statistics; generates and distributes reports; prepares agendas for and/or attends a variety of meetings and conferences; may attend public meetings during non-business hours; performs other related duties as assigned.
Normal hours are Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm.
This position starts at $38,808.78. Benefits include health and prescription coverage, dental, vision, life and supplemental benefits are available.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Supplemental course work in accounting, office management or related field preferred; and two (2) to three (3) years progressively responsible related experience; or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the City. Must successfully pass a BCI&I fingerprint background check, drug screening and FBI background check, if necessary.
Qualified, interested, external applicants should submit an application form and current resume at www.onelakewood.com. Applications will be accepted until Friday February 28, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting date: 2-12-2020
Most Popular Pages
- Tax Information
- New Hands Free Driving Law
- Accountability & Sound Governance
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Public Record Requests
- Live Well Lakewood
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Lake Avenue Construction
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Downtown Development
- Healthcare in Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Animals In Lakewood
- Public Art