Water Maintenance Crew
JOB POSTING – LOCAL 1043 PUBLIC WORKS CHAPTER EMPLOYEES
Date Posted: October 8, 2020
Position: WATER MAINTENANCE CREW
Division: WATER AND WASTEWATER COLLECTION
Number of Vacancies: One (1)
Per Hour Rate: $25.26/ hour
Normal Work Hours: 7:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (M-F)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to lift up to one hundred (100) lbs. frequently throughout the workday; must have the ability to work from ladders and work under frequent physical demands (i.e., bending, reaching, climbing, squatting, standing, extensive use of hands, arms and fingers); must have the ability to work in extreme weather conditions and may be exposed to chemicals, dust, heat, gas, fumes and pungent odors; if required to be utilized in wastewater collection must have the ability to operate various water and sewer cleaning equipment (i.e., snakes, rodders, jet flushers, etc.) and perform some minor maintenance on that equipment; must have the ability to use and operate various safety equipment on the job (i.e., gas detectors, etc.); must have the ability to enter various manholes and sewers during the course of duties; must have the ability to work in close quarters; must have the ability to maintain records; must possess some knowledge of underground sewer and water systems; must have the ability to communicate clearly over the telephone and radio. Position will work on both water and sewer maintenance projects.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED
- Good work and attendance
- Must possess a valid Class B Ohio Commercial Driver’s License with less than eight (8) points. Must possess a tanker endorsement within fifty (50) days of
- May be required to participate in testing at the discretion of the
- Must satisfactorily complete a physical examination and police background investigation including drug screen.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a EPA issued Class I Water Distribution System Operator’s license OR
Operator in Training status within 36 months of appointment.
Employee may be required to work overtime pursuant to the provisions of Article 5 and Article 15 of the current negotiated agreement. Employees are routinely utilized between Water, Sewer and Metering Divisions.
Qualified interested external applicants should submit an application form (obtained from the Department of Human Resources or found on www.onelakewood.com) to the City of Lakewood, Office of Human Resources, 12650 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, OH 44107. Applications will be accepted until 4pm Friday, October 23, 2020.
The City of Lakewood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Most Popular Pages
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Info
- COVID-19 Business Resources
- Small Business Relief Program
- Residental Rent Assistance
- Snow Reminders
- Cove Church Redevelopment
- Biking Lakewood
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Record Requests
- Minutes / Agendas
- Census 2020
- Food Trucks
- Clean Water Lakewood
- Pavilion Rentals
- Lead Safety
- Public Art
- Downtown Development
- Accountability & Sound Governance