Department of Human Services
Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections once a year, but when you volunteer, you vote every day about the kind of community you want to live in.
- Marjorie Moore
The Department of Human Services is grateful for the thousands of service hours provided by volunteers of all ages. From meal delivery to the annual flu clinic campaign, these individuals help to define Lakewood as a strong, civic-minded community.
The following is a list of volunteer opportunities available within the Department of Human Services however the list is always growing and we welcome your ideas. If you have a particular skill or interest that would enhance our services please contact us at 216.529.6685 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friendly visitors/telephone reassurance
- Home delivered meal drivers
- Kitchen helpers
- Office Assistance and computer data entry.
- Intergenerational community education programs
- Assistance with Early Childhood family drop in programs and Special Events volunteers
- Senior Activity Group Leaders and Participants in Sewing, Crafts, Knitting and Crocheting Groups
- Senior Center Dining Room Assistants
- Intergenerational Volunteers in partnership with the Lakewood City Schools
- Tax Clinics
- Lakewood Commission on Aging
All individuals interested in volunteering with the Department of Human Services must submit a completed application to the Department office at Department of Human Services, 16024 Madison Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107.
Volunteer Application Form »
There are many wonderful things that will never be done if you don't do them.
- Charles D. Gill