OF A MEETING OF
THE LAKEWOOD CITY COUNCIL
TO BE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS
LAKEWOOD CITY HALL - 12650 DETROIT AVENUE
February 2, 2015
The Regular Meetings of Lakewood City Council shall be held on the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:30 P.M., except that when such meeting date falls on a holiday such meeting shall instead be held on the following day. A Docket and Agenda of the business proposed to be transacted by Council will be available in the Clerk’s Office and on the City’s website www.onelakewood.com after 4 PM on the Friday before a Council meeting.
Section 121.08 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood establishes rules for the public to follow when speaking before Council:
ADDRESSING COUNCIL – The President may recognize any non-member for addressing Council on any question then pending. In such cases, the person recognized shall address the chair, state his or her name and address and the subject matter he or she desires to discuss. Speakers must be courteous in their language and avoid personalities. When addressed by the Chair, the speaker must yield the floor and comply with all rulings of the chair, said rulings not being open to debate. Except with permission of Council specifically given, speakers shall be limited to five minutes. No person who has had the floor shall again be recognized until all others desiring an opportunity to speak have been given an opportunity to do so.
AGENDA ITEMS PROTOCOL:
The Clerk at the beginning of the meeting will present the AGENDA ITEMS sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Speakers will be called to address Council by the Chair. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and agenda item number on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized.
PUBLIC COMMENT PROTOCOL:
The clerk at the end of the meeting will present the PUBLIC COMMENT sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Public Comment will be welcomed at the end of a Council Meeting on miscellaneous issues or issues other than agenda items. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and topic on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized. The forum is not designed to be a question and answer session.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
Reading & disposal of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of Council held December 15, 2014.
Reading & disposal of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of Council held January 5, 2015.
Reading & disposal of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of Council held January 20, 2015.
Reports, legislation and communications from Members of Council, the Mayor and other City Officials.
- Committee of the Whole Report regarding Committee meetings - 1/26/15 (Process for Council’s consideration of Letter of Intent), and 2/2/15 (Resolution 8771-14, Ord 2-15) Chair; Madigan (To be provided)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8771-14 A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, appointing ____________________ to the Planning Commission for the six-year term beginning January 1, 2015 and ending December 31, 2020. (Referred to the Committee of the Whole 11/3/14, Deferred 1/20/15) (Pg. 4)
- ORDINANCE NO. 2-15 – AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing and directing the Director of Planning and Development to enter into a purchase agreement with Liberty Development Company the TO SELL THE REAL PROPERTY LOCATED AT 1351 West Clifton Blvd. pursuant to Section 155.07 of the Codified Ordinances. (PLACED ON 1ST READING & REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 1/20/15) (Pg. 5)
- Public Safety Committee Report regarding Resolution 8793-15. –Chair Bullock (Pg. 27)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8793-15 - A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing and directing the Mayor to enter into an agreement with the Cleveland Clinic Foundation (CCF) which will allow police officers employed by the Cleveland Clinic Police Department to exercise limited police powers within the City of Lakewood on and around hospital property operated by CCF. (PLEASE SUBSTITUTE for Resolution No. 8793-15 Referred to the Public Safety Committee 1/5/15, Deferred 1/20/14) (Pg. 28)
- ORDINANCE NO. 3-15 – AN ORDINANCE to amend Section 1105.02 of the zoning Code of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood by changing and revising the zoning Map of the City with respect to certain property as set forth and described as 1351 West Clifton Blvd. (PPN 311-22-028) from C4 (commercial, Public School) to PD (Planned Development) (PLACED ON 1ST READING & REFERRED TO THE PLANNING COMMISSION 1/20/15) (Pg. 40)
- Communication from Councilmember Anderson regarding appointing Kate Spirgen to Citizens Advisory Committee. (Pg. 43)
- Communication from Public Works Director Beno regarding Ordinance 903, Sidewalks and Curbs. (Pg. 44)
- ORDINANCE NO. 4-15 – AN ORDINANCE to amend Section 903.10, Duty to Repair and Maintain Sidewalks, of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood to remove the requirement that a sidewalk survey be included with the notice to repair. (Pg.45)