City Council Docket Agenda 9/2/14
Tuesday, September 02, 2014 7:30 PM
OF A MEETING OF
THE LAKEWOOD CITY COUNCIL
TO BE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS
LAKEWOOD CITY HALL - 12650 DETROIT AVENUE
SEPTEMBER 2, 2014
The Regular Meetings of Lakewood City Council shall be held on the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:30 P.M., except that when such meeting date falls on a holiday such meeting shall instead be held on the following day. A Docket and Agenda of the business proposed to be transacted by Council will be available in the Clerk’s Office and both branches of the Lakewood Public Library after noon on Friday before a Council meeting.
Section 121.08 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood establishes rules for the public to follow when speaking before Council:
ADDRESSING COUNCIL – The President may recognize any non-member for addressing Council on any question then pending. In such cases, the person recognized shall address the chair, state his or her name and address and the subject matter he or she desires to discuss. Speakers must be courteous in their language and avoid personalities. When addressed by the Chair, the speaker must yield the floor and comply with all rulings of the chair, said rulings not being open to debate. Except with permission of Council specifically given, speakers shall be limited to five minutes. No person who has had the floor shall again be recognized until all others desiring an opportunity to speak have been given an opportunity to do so.
AGENDA ITEMS PROTOCOL:
The Clerk at the beginning of the meeting will present the AGENDA ITEMS sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Speakers will be called to address Council by the Chair. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and agenda item number on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized.
PUBLIC COMMENT PROTOCOL:
The clerk at the end of the meeting will present the PUBLIC COMMENT sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Public Comment will be welcomed at the end of a Council Meeting on miscellaneous issues or issues other than agenda items. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and topic on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized. The forum is not designed to be a question and answer session.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
Reading & disposal of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of Council held July 21, 2014.
Reports, legislation and communications from Members of Council, the Mayor and other City Officials.
- Committee of the Whole Report regarding Resolution 8759-14. Ms. Madigan, Chair. (To Be Provided)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8759-14 – A RESOLUTION authorizing the Mayor or his designee to enter into an agreement with Omni Lakewood, Ltd. Or its designee for participation in the Lakewood Business Investment Program (BIP) of the Economic Development Fund (EDF) for a five-year loan in the amount of $100,000 (REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE 9/2/14) (Pg. 5)
- Public Safety Committee Report regarding Ordinance 30-14. Mr. Bullock, Chair. (To Be Provided)
- ORDINANCE NO. 30-14 – AN ORDINANCE to amend certain provisions of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood regarding insurance requirements. (PLEASE SUBSTITUTE FOR ORDINANCE 30-14 PLACED ON 1ST READING & REFERRED TO THE PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE 6/16/14, 2nd READING 7/7/14, REFERRED BACK 7/21/14) (Pg. 26)
- Charter Review Commission Report & Proposed Third Amended Charter. (Pg.36)
- ORDINANCE NO. 31-14 – AN ORDINANCE authorizing the transfer and advance of certain funds (PLACED ON 1ST READING & REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE 9/2/14) (Pg. 110)
- Communication from Council President Madigan regarding Creating Healthy Communities Grant Opportunity. (Pg. 112)
- Communication from Councilmember Marx and Council President Madigan regarding Cotton Heritage Ohio Award for Best Commercial Rehabilitation Project 2014. (Pg.114)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8760-14 - a resolution TO COMMEND David Stein and Cotton on receiving the award from Heritage Ohio for Best Commercial Rehabilitation Project of 2014. (Pg. 115)
- Communication from Mayor Summers regarding Resolution Commending Adrianna Larimer (Pg.116)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8761-14 – A RESOLUTION to commend Adrianna Larimer, a Lakewood citizen. (Pg. 117)
- Communication from Law Director Butler regarding 2014 quarterly codification ordinance. (Pg.118)
- ORDINANCE NO. 32-14 – AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect at the earliest period allowed by law, to approve the editing and inclusion of certain ordinances and resolutions as parts of the various component codes of the Codified Ordinances and to provide for the publication of such new matter. (Pg. 119)
- Communication from Finance Director Pae regarding Amended Purchasing and Contracting Ordinance FY2014. (Pg. 121)
- ORDINANCE NO. 1-14C AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, amending Ordinance 1-14B, adopted July 7, 2014, authorizing the Mayor (Director of Public Safety), the Director of Public Works, the Director of Law, the Director of Finance, and/or the Purchasing Manager to enter into contracts for professional services, and to advertise for bids and enter into contracts for the purchase of repair maintenance and operating supplies, services and equipment as authorized by the 2014 Appropriation Ordinance and the Administrative Code of the City of Lakewood with the lowest and best bidder or bidders or as otherwise provided by law. (Pg. 122)
- Communication from Finance Director Pae regarding Amend 2014 Capital lease Authorization. (Pg. 126)
- ORDINANCE NO. 16-14A – AN ORDINANCE to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, to amend Ordinance No. 16-14, adopted April 7, 2014, authorizing the Director of Finance to enter into Equipment Leases in forms approved by the Director of Law on behalf of the City of Lakewood. (Pg. 129)
- Communication from Finance Director Pae regarding Nature Works 21st Round Grant Application. (Pg. 133)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8762-14 –A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect at the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing the City of Lakewood to execute and file an application with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources for financial assistance through the NatureWorks program and to obligate the necessary funds for the grant. (Pg. 134)
- Communication from Finance Director Pae regarding Purchasing Consortiums. (Pg. 136)
- ORDINANCE NO. 33-14 – AN ORDINANCE to enact a new section 111.15, Purchasing Consortiums, of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood to permit the City to join and participate in various purchasing consortiums organized for the purpose of facilitating governmental purchasing. (Pg. 137)
- Communication from Police Chief Malley regarding Bureau of Justice Assistance Bulletproof Vest Program. (Pg. 139)
- Communication from Fire Chief Gilman regarding Disposal of obsolete air packs and hose. (Pg. 140)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8763-14 – A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of Council, or otherwise to take effect and be in force after the earliest period allowed by law, authorizing and directing the Director of Finance to sell, through trade, 2,000 feet of fire hose and six obsolete air packs with Cuyahoga Community College in exchange for training classes for firefighters valued at approximately $4,000. (Pg. 141)
- Communication from Human Services Director Gelsomino regarding Cuyahoga County Community Social Service Program. 2016-2016 (CSSP). (Pg. 143)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8764-14 – A RESOLUTION authorizing the Mayor or his designee to enter into an agreement with Cuyahoga County to accept funds estimated to be $153,640 for the provision of congregate meals and transportation for seniors through the Division of Senior and Adult Services. (Pg. 144)
- Liquor Permit Notice of D2, D2X, D3 and D3A permits to O’Tooles Pub d/b/a Irish Kevins, 13601 Detroit from Hearns Pub. (Pg.145)
- Liquor Permit Notice for D1, D3, and D3A permits to Bevy In Birdtown, 12112 Madison Avenue from James J Mileti. (Pg.146)
- Liquor Permit Notice for new C1 & C2 permits to Birdtown Beverage, 12118 Madison Avenue. (Pg. 147)
- Liquor Permit Application for a D5 permit to Manja, 13373 Madison Ave. (Pg. 148)