APRIL 2, 2015
LAKEWOOD CITY HALL
COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM
Review docket items
Election of Chair Member
Election of Vice-Chair Member
Approve the Minutes of the March 5, 2015 meeting
Docket No. 03-07-15
12215 Clifton Boulevard
AIY Properties, Inc.
Dominic Audino, AIY Properties, Inc., applicant, requests the review and approval of a Conditional Use permit to operate a leasing office for approximately 700 apartment units owned and managed in Lakewood, pursuant to Section 1161-03 – Supplemental Regulations for Specific Uses. The property is located in an MH, Multi-Family and High Density district. This item was deferred from March.
Docket No. 04-08-15
14816-18 Clifton Boulevard
Christopher Dempsey, Dempsey Surveying, Co. and applicant requests the review and approval of a lot split of the southerly portion of the residential lot, 14823 Lake Avenue and a consolidation with the property at 14816-18 Clifton Boulevard, pursuant to Section 1155.06 – Procedures for lot consolidations and resubdivision. This property is located in an R2, Single and Two-Family district.
Docket No. 04-09-15
Regarding Rezoning of the property located at 14823 Lake Avenue
At its meeting in March 16, 2015, Lakewood City Council referred an application for rezoning of a 25 ft. x 60 ft. portion of the parcel at 14823 Lake Avenue (PPN 312-15-022) from R1H (Single Family High Density) to R2 (Single and Two Family). The rezoning will take place after the said portion of parcel is split from 14823 Lake Avenue in order to consolidate with 14818 Clifton Blvd (PPN 312-15-023). The rezoning is necessary to match the zoning of 14818 Clifton Blvd. City Planner Bryce Sylvester will present the proposed changes to the Zoning Map of the City to the Commission members for their consideration.
Docket No. 04-10-15
2060 Wascana Avenue
Michael B. Blakesmith, property owner and applicant requests the review and approval of a Conditional Use permit to operate a firearms repair business, classified as a Type B Home Occupation, in an R2 Single and Two Family Residential District, pursuant to Section 1161.03(f) – Supplemental regulations for specific uses.
Docket No. 04-11-15
14600 Detroit Avenue
Fady Chamoun, Citizens Eatery LLC dba Forage, applicant, requests the review and approval of a Conditional Use permit for outdoor seasonal dining facility at Forage, pursuant to Section 1161-03 – Supplemental regulations for specific uses. The property is located in an MH, Multi-Family and High Density district.
Docket No. 04-12-15
Communication from City Planner Bryce Sylvester
Renewal of Conditional Use Permit for Outdoor Seasonal Dining
The following received approval of the annual renewal of Conditional Use permit for the year of 2015 through administrative review by the Department of Planning and Development:
- 11904-08 Detroit Avenue; Five O’Clock Lounge,
- 12401 Detroit Avenue; Peppers Italian Restaurant,
- 14013 Detroit Avenue; GetGo,
- 14018 Detroit Avenue; Winking Lizard,
- 14718 Detroit Avenue; Melt Bar & Grilled,
- 14900 Detroit Avenue; Rozi’s Wine House,
- 15008 Detroit Avenue; 16-Bit + Arcade,
- 15010 Detroit Avenue; Yogurt Treats, LLC (“menchie’s”),
- 15312-14 Detroit Avenue; Quaker Steak & Lube,
- 15605-07 1/2 Detroit Avenue; Merry Arts Pub + Grille,
- 16300 Detroit Avenue; StrEat Burger,
- 16512 Detroit Avenue; Cozumel Mexican Restaurant,
- 16934 Detroit Avenue; Midtown Booths,
- 18405 Detroit Avenue; India Garden Bar & Restaurant,
- 18622 Detroit Avenue; Around the Corner,
- 12700 Lake Avenue; Pier W Restaurant,
- 11926 Madison Avenue; The Flying Rib,
- 12112 Madison Avenue; The Bevy in Birdtown,
- 13603 Madison Avenue; Bonnie and Clyde’s, LLC,
- 13715 Madison Avenue; Angelo’s Pizza,
- 14224 Madison Avenue; El Tango Taqueria,
- 14810 Madison Avenue; The Red Rose Café,
- 15527-33 Madison Avenue; Barrio’s,
- 17014 Madison Avenue; Mullen’s of Madison,
- 1528 West 117th Street; Dunkin’ Donuts.
Docket No. 07-19-13
13368 Madison Avenue
Review of Conditional Use compliance. In July 2013, Shawn Botkins, applicant, requested approval for a Conditional Use permit for an outdoor dining facility pursuant to Section 1161.03(t) – Outdoor/Seasonal Dining Facility and Section 1173.02(b) – Conditional Use Permits. The Commission granted the use. The property is located in a C3, Commercial and General Business district.
Docket No. 03-04-15
Proposal for Modifications to Two Parts of the Zoning Code
Garages and Air Conditioning Units
Bryce Sylvester, City Planner, and Kyle Krewson, Board of Zoning Appeals Member, will present a proposal for modifications to two parts of the zoning. The first is a recommendation to change definition of garage height, and the second is to modify the requirements for side yard variances for air conditioning units.