Among the duties of the Lakewood Civil Service Commission, the Commission provides testing to determine merit and fitness of qualified applicants for original and promotional appointment to classified positions with the City of Lakewood and Lakewood Board of Education.
Meetings begin at 5:00 PM in the Law Department Conference Room at Lakewood City Hall, 12650 Detroit Avenue
If you have any further questions please contact the Civil Service Commission by E-mail or call 216-529-6040
City Council Docket Agenda 10/20/14
Monday, October 20, 2014 7:30 PM
OF A MEETING OF
THE LAKEWOOD CITY COUNCIL
TO BE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS
LAKEWOOD CITY HALL - 12650 DETROIT AVENUE
OCTOBER 20, 2014
The Regular Meetings of Lakewood City Council shall be held on the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:30 P.M., except that when such meeting date falls on a holiday such meeting shall instead be held on the following day. A Docket and Agenda of the business proposed to be transacted by Council will be available in the Clerk’s Office and both branches of the Lakewood Public Library after noon on Friday before a Council meeting.
Section 121.08 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood establishes rules for the public to follow when speaking before Council:
ADDRESSING COUNCIL – The President may recognize any non-member for addressing Council on any question then pending. In such cases, the person recognized shall address the chair, state his or her name and address and the subject matter he or she desires to discuss. Speakers must be courteous in their language and avoid personalities. When addressed by the Chair, the speaker must yield the floor and comply with all rulings of the chair, said rulings not being open to debate. Except with permission of Council specifically given, speakers shall be limited to five minutes. No person who has had the floor shall again be recognized until all others desiring an opportunity to speak have been given an opportunity to do so.
AGENDA ITEMS PROTOCOL:
The Clerk at the beginning of the meeting will present the AGENDA ITEMS sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Speakers will be called to address Council by the Chair. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and agenda item number on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized.
PUBLIC COMMENT PROTOCOL:
The clerk at the end of the meeting will present the PUBLIC COMMENT sign-in sheet to the President of Council. Public Comment will be welcomed at the end of a Council Meeting on miscellaneous issues or issues other than agenda items. A citizen must first write his or her name, address and topic on the designated sign-in sheet in order to be recognized. The forum is not designed to be a question and answer session.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
Reading & disposal of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of Council held October 20, 2014.
Reports, legislation and communications from Members of Council, the Mayor and other City Officials.
- Committee of the Whole Report regarding Public Works Update. (To Be Provided – Madigan; Chair)
- Health & Human Services Committee Report regarding October 13, 2014 Committee Meeting. (To Be Provided – Marx; Chair)
- Planning Commission Report regarding Zoning Code Chapter 1143-Parking Code Update. (REFERRED TO PLANNING COMMISSION 7/21/14)(Pg.3)
- ORDINANCE NO. 36-14 – AN ORDINANCE to repeal the existing Chapter 1143, Off-Street Parking, of the Zoning Code of the City of Lakewood and to enact a new Chapter 1143, Parking. (Pg. 4)
- ORDINANCE NO. 34-14 – AN ORDINANCE repealing Chapter 737, Pawnbrokers, and replacing it with Chapter 737, Secondhand Dealers, of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood, in order to discard outmoded provisions and institute timely regulations within the Code. (PLACED ON 1ST READING & REFERRED TO THE RULES & ORDINANCES COMMITTEE 10/6/14) (Pg. 27)
- Communication from Council President Madigan regarding Bed Bugs. (Pg.33)
- Communication from Councilmembers Bullock and Nowlin regarding convening a discussion of the process for deliberation upon resident-proposed neighborhood improvement projects. (Pg.34)
- Communication from Councilmembers Bullock and Anderson regarding Reviewing status of implementation of Lakewood’s commercial property inspection and maintenance strategy. (Pg. 35)
- Communication from Public Works Director Beno regarding Emergency elevator repair at Lawther Center. (Pg.37)
- RESOLUTION NO. 8770-14 – A RESOLUTION to take effect immediately provided it receives the affirmative vote of at least five members of council, or otherwise to take effect at the earliest period allowed by law, declaring it necessary that the Director of Public Works, be permitted to enter into a contract with Gable Elevator without the requirement of competitive bidding in order to make an emergency repair to the elevator at the Lawther Center in the City.
Civil Service Commission Meeting Dates 2014
Thursday, December 11, 2014 5:00 PM
The Civil Service Commission will meet on the following dates in 2014:
- Thursday, January 9
- Thursday, February 13
- Thursday, March 13 - Meeting Rescheduled to March 25th
- Thursday, April 10
- Thursday, May 8
- Thursday, June 12
- Thursday, July 10
- Thursday, August 14
- Thursday, September 11
- Thursday, October 9
- Thursday, November 13
- Thursday, December 11
Meetings will begin at 5:00 PM in the Law Department Conference Room at Lakewood City Hall, 12650 Detroit Avenue.